CQ 160 WW CW Score - WR3O

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: CQ 160 WW CW Score - WR3O
From: WR3O@music-city.tdec.state.tn.us (WR3O@music-city.tdec.state.tn.us)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 1996 22:41:23 -0600
    CQ 160 Meter World Wide CW Contest         Contest Dates : Jan 26-28 1996

    Callsign Used : WR3O              Operator : WR3O

    Category : Single Operator High Power ( 500W )

    Default Exchange : RST TN

    Team/Club : Tennessee Contest Group

    Rig: IC-761          Amp: AL-811  (500 watts)      Software: TR-LOG 5.60

    Antennas: TX - Half wave Inv V at 85' w/ tuned feeders
              RX - 850' bent, crooked, un-terminated beverage - or Inv V

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries

  160CW      779         746       2002      56        30

 Totals      779         746       2002      56        30

    Final Score = 172,172 points.

(Corrected score, after removing all /Mobile multipliers...)

QRN First night was horrendous.  Could only work the loud ones.
Second night was the DX Night.   Worked all 50 states, and finally
got Alaska on 160  ( KL7Y - Thanks for answering CQ! )  Worked no EU or
JA the first night, but plenty of both the second.  A few new 160 DXCC
countries were worked.  I doubled my score from last year, with
basically the same station, plus the crooked beverage.  What a contest!

Many highlights, and a few lowlights.  See the follow-up story if I get
around to writing it.  (Where is that stash of round tuits anyway?)

Thanks for the QSO's!!!         73, Kirk  WR3O