WA8YRS 160 MTR SCORE

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: WA8YRS 160 MTR SCORE
From: don.russell@ecrknox.com (don.russell@ecrknox.com)
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 15:11:12 -0500
                              CQ 160 METER CONTEST

     Call used: WA8YRS                                         Location: OH

     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: CW              Power: 100W

     Callsign of Operator: WA8YRS

     Exchanged Information: WA8YRS RST OH

     Hours of Operation: 06:31

     band      QSOs     points
     -------------------------
     160        288        639
     -------------------------
     TOTAL      288        639   X   49 multipliers  =  31,311

     Comments:Operated Friday only about and hour or two.  Too much QRN
              and just S&P'd the strong ones.  Saturday was better, even
              worked Europe.  Observance of the window was pretty good
              the times I was on, but after the NAQP ssb with 75mtr CB'rs
              causing more QRM than the contesters were, I'm kinda
              re-thinking my position on the subject. Also relevant to
              this subject was the fact that even though the DX window
              was avoided by most in the NAQP cw, it was suggested that
              we contesters only needed about 25khz and would we please
              just use the first 25khz. of 160 mtrs in the next NAQP.
              Geeze!  Not to mention that during the ssb contest, the were
              two Qso's in process for about an hour.  To my knowlege, no
              one informed them that they were in the DX window. Are we
              contesters being singled out?
              Rig: Yaesu FT-757gxII, Sloper starting at 48ft.

     I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations for
     amateur radio  in my country.  My report  is correct and true to the
     best of my knowledge.  I agree  to be bound by  the decisions of the
     CQ Awards Committee.

     Name: DONALD J. RUSSELL               Call: WA8YRS
To: <3830@contesting.com>
           815 BROOKWOOD RD                Date: 1-31-96
           MT. VERNON, OH 43050            don russell@ecr.knox.com