W1KM MULTIOP CQ160CW

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: W1KM MULTIOP CQ160CW
From: W1km@aol.com (W1km@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 1996 20:29:15 -0500
W1KM MULTIOP CQ160 CW
qso's 1379        s 57 c 63  total 798,240

Operators: K1JKS, W1FJ, W1KM

TS-930s, LK-550Z, 70' Vertical (in saltmarsh) and beverages

I always wanted to do this contest but felt I couldn't hear well enough
No question the beverages made the difference. The West beverage was
put up on Friday, only about 400' feet long and I think we have the wrong
material for transformer core  but still helped loads with US
The NE beverage is about 550' long and I knew it worked great on 80 but
it pulled in lots of weak Europeans (488 total)
We had a ferocious storm Saturday night  but the band stayed remarkably
quiet and the Europeans kept trickling through.
 Unfortunately no JA's which would have been a first.
Biggest  signals from EU I heard  were RA3AUU and  EI6BT .

73, Greg