WA2SRQ ARRL DX CW SOLP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: WA2SRQ ARRL DX CW SOLP
From: eyg@hpnjlc.njd.hp.com (Ed Gilbert)
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 15:28:34 -0500
WA2SRQ ARRL DX CW single-op low power:

160     9    9
 80    63   35
 40   256   55
 20   441   71
 15    70   42
 10     3    3
--------------
      842   215      543,090 points

Equipment:
50' Rohn 25 with 3-el HyGain yagis on 10, 15, 20; Force12 EF-240 2-el 40.
130' inv Vee @70' fed with open wire for 80 and 160.
Two Icom 765s, ICE filters, Top Ten decoders.

23 hours of operating sandwiched between various family
activities.  I tried to put in a good effort from about 7 til
noon both days, but otherwise very intermittent.  Did little
operating in the evenings, so missed a lot of mults on the low
bands.  With 10 and 15 in such poor shape, 20 was VERY crowded.
Hard to find a run frequency, and harder still to keep it with
low power.

This was a good contest for using 2 radios.  I was able to pick
up a lot of stuff on 15 without leaving my spot on 20, and I
could tune 10m with the mult radio and rarely be distracted by
the sound of a signal in that ear :-)

73,

Ed Gilbert, WA2SRQ
eyg@hpnjlc.njd.hp.com