Results, CQ 160 SSB test

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: Results, CQ 160 SSB test
From: w6go@netcom.com (Jay O'Brien - W6GO)
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 20:52:27 -0800 (PST)
                      CQ 160 METER CONTEST -- 1996

      Call: W6GO                     Country:  United States
      Mode: SSB                      Category: "Multi-op"

               QSO   QSO PTS  MULTIPLIERS  (Total mult= 48)
                              W/VE     DX
               ---   -------  ----    ---
     Totals    139     336    43        5    =   16,128

All reports sent were 59

Equipment Description: FT-1000D, Alpha 77.  Xmt: Raised GP
                       Rec: Beverages, Loops, 80M rotating dipole

Club Affiliation:  River City Contesters

Operating time: on and off for 10 hours (just dabbled!)

The first night when the midwest started to build up I anticipated the
arrival of the W1s.  What happened?  The midwest then got weaker.  The
second night it was worse.  I worked only one W1 (AA1AA)!

I found how to use the JPS ANC-4 to real advantage.  I used my JA beverage
as a noise pickup antenna, with an appropriate input attenuator.  It really
made a big difference when listening on other antennas and other beverages.

73, Jay
    w6go@netcom.com