ARRL SSB KS4XG SO/LP Score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: ARRL SSB KS4XG SO/LP Score
From: psoper@encore.com (Pete Soper)
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 1996 10:59:39 EST
 ARRL SSB DX Contest

 KS4XG Single Operator Low Power (no assist)
 "59 North Carolina"

 BAND     QSO    COUNTRIES

 80        3     3
 40       49    27
 20      162    55
 15       85    36
 10        2     2
 ----------------------------------
         301   123  (x3) =  111,069

Worked 26 hours

Equipment: IC735 @ 100 watts, MFJ tuner, 20m Lazy-H (1/2 wl vertical spacing,
          top wire at 62 feet, used on all bands).

Comments:
          Making the Lazy-H play on 10-80 wasn't my original plan (sob stories
          omitted), but after a very dismal Friday night on 20 meters I went
          to work and arranged for matches on the other bands. I feel like I
          got a lot of mileage out of this one set of wires.

          Bagged a VK and a KH8 (one call each, 20m and 15m respectively)
          before the cluster mob showed up, and got A2 after a few calls on
          15m with the sound of the thundering herds approaching :-). I got a
          charge out of each completed QSO on 40 meters. Getting out on this
          band was the major nice surprise of the weekend.

          The cacophony on 20 meters was quite a learning lab for training
          the hearing. I feel quite lucky now to have gotten into this hobby
          when the solar activity is bottoming out.

          To Henry, WB4HFL and Ken, WM2C who promoted the Lazy-H over the ZL
          or EDZ and led me to go with this first: THANK YOU!