KF6A M/1 ARRL SSB DX (from Pig Farm)

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: KF6A M/1 ARRL SSB DX (from Pig Farm)
From: EDWOODS@PACTIME1.SDCRC.PacBell.COM (EDWOODS@PACTIME1.SDCRC.PacBell.COM)
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 96 12:03:43 PST
                   ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST 1996

      Call: KF6A                     Country:  United States (075)
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Multi Single

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS PTS/Q COUNTRIES

      160        0        0   0.0        0     DIDN'T WANNA BLOW UP
                                               ROTATOR
       80       43      129   3.0       25     CAN'T DESCRIBE IT (GP?)
       40      196      588   3.0       41     2 EL KLM   83'
       20      426     1275   3.0       90 \
       15      104      312   3.0       47  \     KT34A   75'
       10       62      186   3.0       26   /
     -------------------------------------- /

     Totals    831     2490   3.0      229  =   570,210

     765 W/O Passband mod(all the rest of the 765's in the club have
        this mod - I missed it)
     Ten-tec Titan - Fabulous Amp
     NIR 10 (for distorting audio when knobs twisted randomly)

     Operators - KF6A, KJ6TC, NV6O

     Once again, Don, KJ6TC and I set up the station with less than an
hour to go.  I forgot that I had my COM2 switched for modem use.
Standard Larry, Moe and Curly operation.

Best Hour was Don's to JA on 20 - about 95.  10q rateometer hitting 200
at times.

Suprised at our mult total on 75.  I don't know what Phil calls his
antenna, but its some kinda backwards GP with radials cut for phone and
cw.  Works.  Noise was low.

Heard no EU on 40 LP.  Worked a few on SP

20 M with a 3 el (yeah I know, but its a combo DE) short tribander was
also amazing.  90 mults

15 was SA, OCeana, and Carrib.

10 on sunday was FB to LU etc.

Phil has a pot bellied pig name of Blaze that wanders the house.  I
suppose I shoulda recorded his squeal on the DVK for revenge on 75.

Club Affiliation: rcc

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               Phil Sanders  KF6A

               orangevale, CA. 956XX