N6MU @N6NB - WPX 15 only

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: N6MU @N6NB - WPX 15 only
From: WOVERBECK@ccvax.fullerton.edu (WOVERBECK@ccvax.fullerton.edu)
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 1996 00:57:45 -0800 (PST)
Here's another CQ WPX SSB score:

(Single operator, high power, 21 MHz only)

N6MU   (@N6NB)   266,760   554   342

I'm posting this for John, N6MU, who operated at my station
in the Tehachapi Mountains (7,000' elevation).

Rig:  TS-140 > pr. 3-500z (homebrew) > 4 ele. yagi @ 50'

Conditions on 21 MHz seemed marginal at best here this year.
The low sunspot numbers really made the going difficult.
There was little F-layer propagation to northern latitudes.
John only worked one European and the Japanese openings were
short and erratic.  Except for a good sporadic-E opening
Saturday, propagation across the U.S. was also spotty at
best.  On Sunday, John found that the best way to work
midwestern U.S. stations for new multipliers was via F-layer
backscatter, beaming due south!  Fortunately, propagation
on more southerly paths was better.

-Wayne, N6NB