WPX CW Summary - KK9W

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: WPX CW Summary - KK9W
From: kk9w@solon.eng.uiowa.edu (David R. Andersen)
Date: Sun, 26 May 1996 23:57:58 -0500
                  CQ WORLD WIDE PREFIX CONTEST -- 1996

      Call: KK9W                     Country:  United States
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator Unassisted
                                                               (no packet)
                                               Single Band (20m)
                                               Low Power (80W)

      BAND     QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/Q PREFIXES

      160        0        0   0.0        0
       80        0        0   0.0        0
       40        0        0   0.0        0
       20      570      822   1.4      375
       15        0        0   0.0        0
       10        0        0   0.0        0
     --------------------------------------

     Totals    570      822   1.4      375  =   308,250

Equipment Description:

TH3Jr@75 feet, CT9.23, FT101EE, Bencher Paddles, MFJ493 Keyer.

Soapbox:

   We had high winds/rain/thunderstorms just prior to, and during the whole
contest weekend.  Lots of trees down around here, but my tower stayed up
just fine.

   Conditions were terrible.  QRN from the storms and poor propagation made
for very slow going.  I did have one nice opening to JA for about an hour
on saturday evening local time.  I suppose that would have to be the high
point of the contest.

   Thanks for the QSO's and see you in the next one.....

                                     73
                                     Dave

Club Affiliation: Eastern Iowa DX Association

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               David R. Andersen  KK9W
               2761 Lakeview Dr. NE
               Solon, IA 52333