SOLP CQWPX CW, KE6BER/1

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: SOLP CQWPX CW, KE6BER/1
From: ke6ber@tiac.net (Alfred J. Frugoli, KE6BER/1)
Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 13:00:22 -0400
CQ World Wide Prefix Contest -- 1996

Call: KE6BER            Country: United States
Mode: CW                Category: Single Operator Low Power

BAND    QSO     QSO PTS PTS/Q   PREFIXES
160     0       0       0.0     0
80      1       0       0.0     1
40      22      54      2.5     22
20      37      50      1.4     31
15      3       0       0.0     1
10      0       0       0.0     0
-------------------------------------
Totals  63      104     1.7     55  =  5,720

All reports were 59(9), unless otherwise noted.

Equipment Description:
Kenwood TS-940
MFJ 948 Tuner
300 foot longwire 20 feet high

Club Affilition: None

This is to certify that in this contest I have operated my transmitter
within the limitations of my liscence and have observed fully the rules and
regulations of the contest.

Signiature ______________________________________

Comments:
My first CQWPX contest on CW and I just operated a little for kicks.  Had a
good time.  Increased my code speed for sure.  I didn't like the special
Olympic prefixes, very hard to copy, too many numbers in the wrong places.
Also hope the rig doesn't decide to die again during the contest!  40 was a
good band, worked more European mults on that band.  20 was ok, but for
some reason I could not hear Europe that well.  Worked lots of US mults on
20.  Antenna is too low to work anything but locals on 80 and don't have
enough gain to really hear on 15.  Looking foward to next year when I'll
have my station setup here in Ma and I can make a more serious effort.

Al, KE6BER/1, ke6ber@tiac.net  http://www.tiac.net/users/ke6ber