N4BP Field Day 1E 5W Battery

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: N4BP Field Day 1E 5W Battery
From: n4bp@shadow.net (Bob Patten)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 02:44:08 -0400 (EDT)
                        1996 ARRL Field Day

Call used: N4BP                                 Location: SFL
Category: 1E 5W Battery                         Single Operator

band    CW QSOs         CW pts          SSB QSOs        SSB pts
====    =======         ======          ========        =======
40       37              370
20      263             2630
15      158             1580              9              45
10                                      162             810
TOTAL   458             4580            171             855

629 QSOS        5,435 points

Equipment:  TS-130V, TH7-DXX @ 45 feet, 40/80 inv vee @ 35 ft,
             95 A/H deep cycle marine battery

Other two operators dropped out and I decided it was too much work to do
the annual trek to the Florida Keys alone.  Set up in the kitchen to at
least get out of the ham shack - and have snacks more convenient.  No
interesting stories, no thunderstorms, rain, snow, sleet, or hail.  No
equipment failures, no bugs, etc.  I did confirm that for next year, my
new battery does have enough storage to power the station for the duration.
The enthusiasm was missing.  When rate became very slow on 40M, I packed
it in and went to bed for a few hours.  Highlights were being called by
KL7 on 20M and two good runs on 10M of 60+ Q's/hour.
All in all, a good practice run for the real thing next year...

Bob Patten, N4BP
n4bp@shadow.net