AA4GA IARU - SO/MultiMode/LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: AA4GA IARU - SO/MultiMode/LP
From: aa4ga@contesting.com (Lee Hiers AA4GA)
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 1996 15:01:11 +0000
Callsign Used : AA4GA

     Category : SingleOp, MixedMode, LowPower (yeah, I know they don't
                have a LP class, but I gotta have an excuse!)

        Stuff : Yaesu FT-990, Kenwood TS-440 at about 100 watts out,
                TR-Log

BAND    Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Zones

80CW        2           2          2       0         1  40m Dipole(!)
40CW      144         142        326       5        14  Dipole @ 40'
40SSB       3           3          5       1         0    "
20CW      316         312       1026       7        19  TH-7 @ 80'
20SSB     190         190        568       8        14    "
15CW       97          93        223       3         5    "
15SSB      97          97        225       7        11    "
10CW        2           2          4       0         0    "
10SSB      69          68         96       0         7    "

Totals    920         909       2475      31        71

    Final Score = 252,450 points in about 19 hours

This all presumes I've straightened out all my log program problems.
The goofy thing crashed _several_ times...leaving me with the 15m zone 8
mult counted about 3 times too many (among others)!

Looks like 108 WRTC station Qs...I got near having 'em all, and started
looking for the guys rather than work the contest...but I think the
special stations resulted in more activity all around.  Missed the sweep
by 2:  no K6H or K6S.  Oh well.

Oh, wow, I just read the message about the exhibition team
"wildcards" - guess I can get a deck of cards after all, oh joy!  We
really need this rule in SS so I never miss a sweep again!

Condx FB - had fun - can't wait to do it with amplifier and real
antennas on 40/80...or even better, how about a low power class??

See y'all in NAQP I guess.

73 de Lee

Lee Hiers, AA4GA
Cornelia, GA