ARRL CW 96 - VP2EWW

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: ARRL CW 96 - VP2EWW
From: AA7VB@aol.com (AA7VB@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 1996 00:27:27 -0400
--PART.BOUNDARY.0.24976.emout17.mail.aol.com.838441646

VP2EWW SCORE S/O ALL BAND HP
DENNIS  AA7VB OP.
SUMMARY ATTACHED

--PART.BOUNDARY.0.24976.emout17.mail.aol.com.838441646

                 ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1996
=0D

      Call: VP2EWW                   Country: ANGUILLA  =

      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator
=0D
      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS    STATES/PROV
=0D

      160      302      906          53
       80      641     1923          58
       40      826     2478          59
       20      837     2511          58
       15     1034     3102          57
       10        0        0           0
     -----------------------------------
=0D
     Totals   3640    10920         285  =3D   3,112,200
=0D

=0D
Equipment Description:
FT-757GX AND DENTRON BOAT ANCHOR MLA2500
=0D

Club Affiliation: TEXAS DX SOCIETY
=0D
=0D

                             Signature_________________________________
=0D

=0D
                         MAILING ADDRESS:
=0D
               DENNIS MOTSCHENBACHER  AA7VB - OPERATOR VP2EWW
               600 W. COUNTY LINE RD #31-202
               HIGHLANDS RANCH, CO   80126
=0D
VP2EWW (AA7VB   OP.) COMMENTS
=0D

Its been 10 years since I operated this wonderful test from the other sid=
e of the pile-up.  Which means the last time I was dumb enough to do this=
, it was also the bottom of a sunspot cycle. I never get to operate this =
contest at the top of the sunspot cycle because my CONTESTER'S DIVORCE CY=
CLE historically runs coincidental with that window in the 11 year plan. =
                      =

=0D
The 48 hours weren't really any problem for my 48 year old bode.  The pro=
blem was my new beautiful little Asian wife prancing around the operating=
 position in cool (meaning skimpy) island attire resulting in more off ti=
mes than I had planned. (At least now I can blame my lose on my wife inst=
ead of admitting I am not the wizzo op I try and kid myself into believin=
g I am)
=0D
I go all the way to VP2E to have a fun contest without local QRM
and what do I find?  Will, AA4NC and friend guest op'ing from VP2EN, whos=
e line-of-site antenna sits between my beam and the USA!  20 TO 40KHZ sep=
aration was mandatory and then I had to be careful I didn't end up on top=
 of Paul, WX9E op'ing from FS5PL's place a few miles across the water ove=
r on St. Martin.
=0D
With two P4's, a PJ multi, Tree going warp over in TI, two VP2E's, FS and=
 FM both manned by hyper kinda guys, activity
from J6, 9Y, 8P and enough KP4's and CO's to make them as rare
as W6 the lovely Caribbean was a true war zone CW weekend.
=0D
160 & 80 were terrific, 40 weird, 20 was less than spectacular, 15 pretty=
 blah except for a 2-3 hour burst each day, and 10 meters can be given to=
 the CB'ers for all I care."
=0D

Billy, I hope I have made some progress on the computer since that P40Z t=
hing for IARU.  This is my second shot at CT which
is still distracting to me in the heat of a 250+ run.  I'm sure =

you'll do your due diligence on these logs but please call me
if I've messed anything up so bad you cannot sort it out.
(303-791-4978) I hope I didn't bust too many calls/mults trying to peck m=
y way through CT this time.
=0D
My sincere thanks to you and all the gang there for all of your
wonderful efforts to keep a traditional contest right at the top!
=0D
P.S.  The local authorities responded to my request for a new
      2 letter call by issuing me VP2EV....one day after the =

      test.  See ya wid tt next yr!

--PART.BOUNDARY.0.24976.emout17.mail.aol.com.838441646--