N0AX CW NAQP score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: N0AX CW NAQP score
From: hwardsil@wolfenet.com (Ward Silver)
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 1996 09:36:28 -0700 (PDT)
         Operator : N0AX, Washington State
         Category : Single-Op

  160CW        8           8          7       6 Inverted-L (50'Hx90'L)
   80CW       61          61         61      26 Half-sloper at 50'
   40CW      156         154        154      43 40-2CD @ 50'
   20CW      285         284        284      51 | 2-L Quad and C-3 at 55'
   15CW       65          65         65      27 |
   10CW       20          20         20      13 |

 Totals      595         592        591     166
 Final Score = 99288 points.
 FT990 and IC735, TR-LOG software

Really enjoyed the two-radio workout, but now feel like I (we) have multiple
personalities.  And so do I!  Really wierd listening to QRN from two bands
at once in stereo...in sync, but with subtle phase differences that added
artificial depth...cosmic, man!

Some very nimble band-to-band hoppers out on the bands today...thanks for
everyone's willingness to QSY.  138 band changes here, with 13% of the
QSOs made on the 2nd radio.  On the subject...it must be irritating to get
constantly bugged to move when you don't want to.  I didn't try to move
Mr. Jeff, but I would have if propagation had been better between the
coasts.  I always accept "NO" when I ask for QSY and try not to ask guys
with a hot frequency or if there's no propagation.  Gotta be some middle
ground, but QSY is a big part of NAQP with the mults/band...

An interesting phenomenon was the "watering hole" effect.  Many people
were using 21050 and 28050 as the QSY-to frequencies...so when I got
there, it was often possible to grab a mult that you didn't expect!  Got
WB0O on three bands that way when I tried to move AD5Q to 10 and had no
propagation to TX.

Never heard VE1, ME, or DE (thought I heard WN3K, though) and MI and OK
were mighty scarce.  No KH6 here, either, although I had one antenna
pointed west for the longest time on 20...

Conditions were pretty good, considering the possibilities...plenty of
stuff on 15, some morsels on 10 to keep us on our toes.  All 'round, quite
a good contest and my best 2-rig effort, to date.  Now to get the two
halves of my brain wired back together.  And now to get the two halves of
my brain wired back together.

"Mr. McMurphy, it's time for your treatment."

73, Ward N0AX