NAQP CW K1ZX

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: NAQP CW K1ZX
From: BK1ZX70SFL@aol.com (BK1ZX70SFL@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 1996 17:46:12 -0400
Please bring back the propagation....or at least let some of the other guys
believe there might be prop on 10 and 15!

I wasn't really up for this one, didn't string any beverages didn't study
last years log or make up any rate sheet goals. Work and family have been
major and I just didn't have the energy.

After the frustration of striking out on 10 and 15 all afternoon, when I went
to take my first break it became my last one...I had fallen asleep and got
back on the air after a 1:58 off time. Tnx W1CW for the reminder,
oops...zzzzzzzzz

The two radio thing is turning into a really enjoyable/satisfying experience.
 I am getting the two radio rhythm and it is slick.  After the terrible start
I decided I would try and salvage the event my spending the rest of the
contest maximizing my multipliers.  Not being content with CQing and seeing
what would fall my way, I moved everyone I could and ended up with a much
better multiplier than the 10 and 15 meter numbers should have allowed me!

The trouble I now have with the two radio thing is that I feel I need a
better second rig, like myself the ole trusty ts430 struggled at pulling out
some of those weak ones...I think it is time to sell it to some would be up
and coming ham and upgrade to something with better hearing....and it HAS TO
HAVE AN ADJUSTMENT TO MUTE ITS SIDETONE!!!!!! I had the gain cracked wide
open at times on the 430 looking for a wisp of a signal, then when I started
keying the right eardrum was assaulted with a 40db over s9 smack from the
sidetone.

The bottom line is 115K; 599 X 192 for the Florida Contest
Group.....breakdown

160/30/19
80/72/33
40/172/50
20/225/51
15/74/29
10/26/10

yes....10 and 15 were pathetic, but I did have a very nice - and apparently
needed - nap. Tnx WC4E for loading up the douwnspout at your apartment...you
were loud, honest (at least that was what your neighbors said!)

The fives, and AA6KX, were real loud in Tampa!

Ali  zx

k1zx@contesting.com