AB6FO NAQP Score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: AB6FO NAQP Score
From: KWIDELITZ@delphi.com (KWIDELITZ@delphi.com)
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 1996 11:42:04 -0500 (EST)
                 AB6FO - Team: SCCC#1

     band      QSOs     points    mults
     160          7         7        5
      80         52        52       30
      40        188       188       50
      20        237       237       51
      15         48        48       27
      10         14        14       11
     TOTAL      546       546      174      SCORE: 95,004

Comments: This was a very frustrating contest for me. I couldn't get it
going on 20 to start. I worked a few guys on 15 with the 2nd radio, so I
figured I'd CQ on 15, but couldn't get it going there. Signals on 10 &
15 were really in and out on the west coast and I made many fewer QSOs than I
thought I would there. More than I remember in prior NAQPs guys I tried to
pass to 10 & 15 couldn't be heard. Sometime in going between 10, 15 & 20 on
the 2nd radio I used the wrong bandpass filter and fried the 15 meter
filter. It took a while to figure out what was wrong. First time Murphy has
visited in a while.

I didn't really have fun until the 00, 01 & 02 hours when 20 & 40 were hot
and I got to put the 2nd radio to good use. Those were the only hours
I was able to break the 60 rate. Wound up with about 85 QSOs on the second
radio.

I went through the trouble of running the 160 balloon vertical up, but was
only able to make 7 QSOs on 160. And that was everyone I heard. I'm
wondering if the other west coasters had the same experience.

73. Ken, AB6FO, KWIDELITZ@DELPHI.COM