WA8YRS NAQP SSB: SO, UNASSISTED

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: WA8YRS NAQP SSB: SO, UNASSISTED
From: drussell@jasper.knox.net (Donald Russell)
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 1996 18:36:39 -0400 (EDT)
     NCJ NORTH AMERICAN QSO PARTY

     Call used: WA8YRS
     Location: OH
     Category: Single Op All Band
     Mode: SSB
     Power: FT-757gxII at 100watts
     Callsign of Operator: WA8YRS
     Exchanged Information: WA8YRS DON OH

     Hours of Operation: 09:49

     band    QSOs     points     mults
     160      28        28         16     inverted L apex 48 ft.
      75     107       107         35     inverted V, apex 40 ft.
      40     105       105         39        "      "       "
      20     146       146         41     A3A at 50 ft.  R5 at 55 ft.
      15      88        88         32        "      "        "
      10      74        74         26        "      "        "

     TOTAL    548       548        189     SCORE: 103,572

 Soapbox:  Best score ever in this contest for me, so you know I had
           fun!  Got a long way to go before I break the top ten though.
           ("Honey, all I need is this one extra antenna to cover this
           one situation plus buy just one more radio so I can do this
           two radio contesting thing":  just might work!).   First two
           hours I hopped between 15 and 10 like a mad man!.  Third hour
           I started in on 20 mtrs.  kept checking 40, but no activity
           until late.  Should have stayed on 20 instead of waisting my
           time!  I need to get my NA logger to control my radio. Hard
           to remember to switch both in the heat of battle!

73, Don WA8YRS      drussell@knox.net