N1PBT PH Sprint Low Power

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: N1PBT PH Sprint Low Power
From: rrossi@btv.ibm.com (Ronald D Rossi)
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 11:30:25 -0400
                              SPRINT SUMMARY SHEET

     Contest Date : 15-Sep-96

    Callsign Used : N1PBT
         Operator : N1PBT

         Category : SOLP

 Default Exchange : N1PBT QSO# RON VT

             Name : Ronald D. Rossi
          Address : RR1 Box 1543
   City/State/Zip : Swanton, VT  05488-9713
          Country : United States

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries

   80SSB      34          34         34       5         0
   40SSB      77          77         77      26         1
   20SSB      12          12         12       5         0

 Totals      123         123        123      36         1

    Final Score = 4551 points.

 Soapbox Comments
 ________________

 Well I started on 40m and was holding out pretty well considering
 the contest.  I switched to 20m too late, lured by the descent 40m
 conditions.  20m was punky...er pukey.  Back to 40m for some longer
 Qs.  80m was rotten with the stench of the skull bashed red headed
 mule KB3AFT felt like.  I switched from the dipole (low) to the
 vertical and back looking for some better output.  I got a few first
 calls, but nothing like 40m for me.  I distinctly remember saying out
 loud "What the hell is going on here!" among other more choice
 statements. (not over the air thank you). My thanks to the few far
 coasters the pulled my out of the noise.  Man, I have 62 elevated
 radials on the vertical now...couldn't tell Saturday night on 80m!!
 (I KNOW however that it has made a marked improvement on my efficiency
 based on EU contacts and local ground wave).

I, by virtue of my statement below, have taken part in the NCJ North American
Sprint, conscientiously applying my most ethical interpretation of the rules
for this contest as set forth in the National Contest Journal.

 Date 16 SEP 96___  Signed Ronald D. Rossi____  Call N1PBT______