N3BDA CQWW RTTY SOLP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: N3BDA CQWW RTTY SOLP
From: gdo@aloft.micro.lucent.com (Glenn D. O'Donnell)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 96 14:14:04 EDT
                    CQ WORLD WIDE RTTY CONTEST -- 1996

      Call: N3BDA                    Category: Single Operator Low Power

      BAND     QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/QSO   ZONES COUNTRIES  STATES

      160        0        0     0.00      0       0        0
       80       10       12     1.20      3       2        8
       40       18       40     2.22      7      10        7
       20       69      154     2.23     12      27       15
       15       34       81     2.38     14      16        8
       10        1        3     3.00      1       1        0

     Totals    132      290     2.20     37      56       38   =>  37,990

All reports sent were 599, unless otherwise noted.

Equipment Description:
        Rig: Icom IC-736 running 100w (I like this rig, but it's not very
           good for a RTTY contest.  RTTY uses LSB and you must use the
           standard 2.7kHz SSB filters; there's no narrower choice.)

        Antennas: 80/40m ........... 80m dipole @ 30 ft.
                  20m .............. Force 12 EF-420 4el @ 68 ft.
                  15m .............. Force 12 EF-415 4el @ 76 ft.
                  10m .............. Force 12 EF-410 4el @ 84 ft.

        RTTY Controller: AEA PK-232MBX

        Logging software:  I fumbled with CT on a second computer
           from my primary computer actually running the terminal
           emulator.  I tallied the score by hand after the contest.
           I better get WF1B for the future!

        Soapbox: I enjoy RTTY contests even though I have a compromise
           station for RTTY contesting (see above).  It was great to work
           two new countries (TY and 5X) in this contest.

Club Affiliation: Frankford Radio Club

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               Glenn O'Donnell  N3BDA
               55 Bunny Lane