W2UP CQWW RTTY score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: W2UP CQWW RTTY score
From: K8DO@aol.com (K8DO@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 08:51:08 -0400
It is always difficult to devise a level playing field for scoring
contests... We are trying a new 160 contest in december where the grid square
is part of the exchange... scoring will be partly dependent on the distance
between the centers of the two grids exchanged... this is a step forward and
should be watched closely by all the contest rules committees...

A case in point is this past weekends rtty contest, where I worked zones 32
and 38 on 15 meters, under poor propagation conditions.... I get 3 points for
each Q... I feel those Qs are worth several times that given the
distance....distance between stations should determine the multiplier, not
the call sign....

Denny