[Fwd: W3LPL CQWW RTTY Score]

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [Fwd: W3LPL CQWW RTTY Score]
From: kf3p@cais.cais.com (Tyler Stewart)
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 1996 00:54:40 -0700
To: <3830@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 1996 02:17:18 -0700
From: Tyler Stewart <kf3p@cais.com>
To: wf1b-rtty@ve7tcp.ampr.org
CC: kf3p@cais.com, floydjr@interpath.com
Subject: W3LPL CQWW RTTY Score

                    CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST -- 1996

      Call: W3LPL                    Country:  United States
      Mode: RTTY                     Category: Multi Multi

      BAND     QSO   QSO PTS    ZONES COUNTRIES

      160        0        0     0       0
       80      340      519     17      93
       40      537     1023     29     125
       20      867     2069     31     137
       15      263      514     22      87
       10       65      102     10      32

     Totals   2072     4227     109     474  =>  2,464,341

Operator List: NO2T, K3TZV, KF3P, N3UN, ND3F, NE3H, WA3WJD, K4GMH

Equipment Description:   Yaesu Ft1000MP's, Kenwood TS950's, Kenwood TS850
                         (4) RITTY / SB16 TNC's, (1) HAL P38
                         WF1B v2.25f software front-end's
                         CT 9.27 logging/network/packet/etc.

                         plus the usual W3LPL antenna arsenal less RX antennae

Club Affiliation: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments: Well, I think I've got the score pretty close at this point.  Boy,
          what a mess!!  This double-logging business is for the birds!
          Oh well...another 10 hours or so and I might be finished!
          Band conditions were generally fair the first 24 hours and then we
          had a minor flare and they went from bad to worse.  We had a few
          new operators at LPL this time and they took it all in stride.
          As with any multi operation, the perseverance required to excel
          is high, and on RTTY, a multi-multi requires the maximum effort
          to milk all 5 bands for everything they are worth.
          I think everyone liked the RITTY software overall...some found the
          tuning too critical, although a lot of that may have been the
          high tuning rate on the Kenwood radios.  I found the performance
          with my FT1000MP to be quite good, although copying thru the 250
          hz filters (as suggested in the docs) was noticably degraded. ATC
          action was quite good and the new Alt-T function for RITTY in WF1B
          helped pull out some of the garbled JA signals.

I'll see you all from V2 land at the end of the month!  I'll be back down
there again for the V26B CQWW phone effort and will again do some RTTY/CW
on the side.

73, Tyler KF3P