OI6KZP CQWW SSB

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: OI6KZP CQWW SSB
From: kim@multi.fi (Kim Östman)
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 15:40:48 +0200 (EET)
Hello fellows !

The CQ WW this year was quite interesting, with lots of stations to work.
I went to bed at 1900Z friday to get some sleep before the contest. I
happened to wake up at 2100Z, and noticed the power was down, and i was
afraid i wouldn't wake up for the contest....luckily i woke up again with
the power online again, so i could set my clock.

As always, the low bands were tough....on 80 it was fairly easy to get
some QSOs, but 40 was quite impossible as usually...It seems you can't
get too far in the QRM with 600W and a dipole (abt 9m high). 20m was open
to the States when the contest started, and i had a couple of QSOs then.
The first time i really went to 20 was at 0300Z, and already then it was
open to Asia. 15m opened a little later, and it was good!! Asia came
well, and i got good multipliers.

To my amaze 10m also opened during the day, but the real surprise came on
Sunday morning, abt 0730Z. I even got to work my first VKs on ten meters,
and also XX9X !!!

On both days VE's were very loud, and of course the W big guns were also
loud. Later in the day their signals went down somewhat. The loudest west
coast station i worked was N7AVK.

Here follows the summary sheet:
------------
             CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST  1996

      Call: OI6KZP                   Country:  Finland
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Single Operator

      160        2        1     0.50      1       2
       80      185      203     1.10      8      42
       40       48       56     1.17      5      24
       20      231      452     1.96     19      73
       15      193      368     1.91     26      84
       10       17       28     1.65      7      14

     Totals    676     1108     1.64     66     239  =>  337,940

Equipment used is a A4S tribander at 15m, dipole on 80 and 40 meters +
TS-140S, AL-80A (600W), MFJ-432 voice keyer + Datong speech processor.

Thanks for the QSOs, CU in the CW-leg!!

73 de Kim, OH6KZP (kim@multi.fi)