WB0O CWSS

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: WB0O CWSS
From: 0007359114@mcimail.com (Bill Straw)
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 96 22:35 EST
WB0O  SO HP

BAND   Q   ANT
--------------
 80   248   4-Square co-fed with an inv-v
 40   300   A single elevated vertical
 20   787   Tower 1: TH7@50' pointed SE
 15     4   Tower 2: Force 12 Dxer@50' pointed SW
            Tower 3: A3 pointed S
     1339 X 77 (missed WY) = 206,206

Comments:

  First few hours were great on 20M. Used a Dunestar box to feed
3 beams, pointed SE, S, and SW. I was off and running with the
big dogs through the first 450 Q's, but then hit 40M and just
couldn't keep up.

  The WWV indices determine my effort level in a contest, and
things looked good, so I decided I would use two radios. I got up
at 0600 on Saturday AM and wired a headphone switch and a keying
switch (from KM9P's article on his website).

  The two radio thing will take a lot of work. I had no band pass
filters, which made for lots of interference, and thus only made
25 Q's on the 2nd radio. It was nice on Sunday to keep scanning
15M and confirm it wasn't going to open, without leaving my
20M run freq where I sat for 6 hours straight.

  73 BILL WB0O in Northern North Dakota