K3WW SS Multi

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: K3WW SS Multi
From: k3ww@fast.net (Charles Fulp)
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 1996 16:14:28 +0000
      K3WW  Multi OP  SS CW  1996

700 QSOS   78 Mults   109,200

HIGH POWER

My "usual" SS effort.  I got on to look for another mug, found the middle
TH7 wouldnt turn,  Found signals intermittant on the HIGH TH6 (90ft)..
Saw VY1JA spotted on packet very early on and decided this was not the
weekend for a major search effort...sooooooo multi as usual, it takes
a pretty  major effort to hide the monitor at my packet node.

Found a distorted N barrel connector on the line from the splitter box
up to the high TH6.  I still have to fix the ring rotor.  Motor shows
same resistance as the one that works, the box works the other rotor...
Anyone ever have a motor JAM or anything like that?

Someone spotted WYO for the sweep just as the Eagles intercepted a go ahead
TD PASS in the Dallas end zone...nice time to stop and celebrate, went back
to hit 700 Qs a few hours later.

Im debating a QRP SSB effort at the bottom of the cycle, now that I have
a mug guaranteed.

about 14 hrs total on time this year.

73 Chas K3WW