W7RM SS CW SO/HP from WWA

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: W7RM SS CW SO/HP from WWA
From: AA7NX@aol.com (AA7NX@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 04:00:28 -0500
                            SWEEPSTAKES SUMMARY SHEET
    Contest Dates : 02-Nov-96, 03-Nov-96, 04-Nov-96

    Callsign Used : W7RM
        Operator : MICHAEL CONATORE  AA7NX
         Category : Single Op, High Power

 Default Exchange : # B W7RM 74 WWA

        Team/Club : Willamette Valley DX Club

   80CW      143         143        286       3
   40CW      450         446        892       9
   20CW      572         571       1142      66
   15CW      168         167        334       0

 Totals     1333        1327       2654      78

    Final Score = 207012 points.

 Soapbox:  The station performed very well. I think that this was one of
           those years when it is geographically desireable to be in the
           Northwest. 20 and 40 produced very nicely, but 15 surprised me
           on Sunday afternoon by consistently producing at 40+ per hour
           for several hours. This is a personal best for me, and
           reconfirms my love for this contest. I can feel the call of the
           "2 radio" operation, as it would have been very useful most of
           Sunday while I was sitting on 15 knowing that 20 was hot.
           Managed to pick up the Sweep at about 16z, but was beginning to
           kick myself for not working KH6/W1WEF, who I heard just before the
           contest! Wyoming was a little scary too, but finally found one
           the 80 m pileup on NA7R handing it out. VE1GN delivered Mar early
           Sunday morning too. All in all, an excellent weekend.

Station: TS940S, W7RM's homebrewed 4CX3000s, 80 - half-bi-square,
           40 - 3 el Yagis (2, independant), 20 - 5/5/5, 15 - 6/6 , TRLog
5.86