AA7BG SSCW stuff

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: AA7BG SSCW stuff
From: aa7bg@juno.com (Matt S Trott)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 05:34:01 PST
AA7BG   SO LP
                Band    Q's     Antenna
                ------- ------- ------------
                80      279     SE sloper from 80 feet
                40      410     402CD @ 96 feet
                20      347     TH3 @ 35 feet
                15      109     TH3 @ 35 feet
                        ------
        Total           1145

Never heard VE1 or VE2, late Sunday was missing KH6,KL7,VE4 so sweating
profusely I decided it was time to get the TH3 with the broken rotor
indicator turned WEST to tune for loud sigs. Sure enough found Jack for
KH6. Now it's time to turn TH3 NW and look for KL7. Ran to window to
make sure ant pointed in right direction. Yo, there's a loud sig! It's
WL7WP. Snag him. Now with 75 mults it won't be quite so embarrassing.
Where the heck is VE4VV or VE4GV?? Say to heck with it and just try to
run. 40 is doing well with strings of 4 or 5 "Q" east coast stns
answering. I have to quit at 0243 so I just keep running. At 0238  I
make one last pass across band from top to bottom.  Oh well, reach 7008
khz. It's 0242. Whatdya know, there's GV running 'em. Log him at 0243
for a real rush as score jumps a few K-points. Thanks to NA7R for the
brief 80 meter appearance Sat. nite. I worked New England till the cows
came home and can't believe missed VE1 and 2. Broke my own personal
record by 205 Q's and 37K points so what the hey.

Equipment: TS930S and IC730 sans cw filter. Borrowed old keyer to use on
730, it was kinda sticky so apologies for slop on those 2nd rig Q's. The
'ol 730 is not a good rig to tune with (i.e. it's a great ragchew radio).
Some day I'll get a rig I can interface, but for now the 367 buttons and
switches I have to throw everytime I change bands or make a 2nd rig Q
helps to keep me awake.

Had a blast!
Matt--K7BG