WAE RTTY score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: WAE RTTY score
From: w2up@voicenet.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 14:00:14 +0000
WAEDC RTTY Contest

Call used: W2UP                           Off times: 0400-1203
Location:  PA                                        1529-2107
                                                     0200-1255
Entry Class: Single Op, All Band                     1659-2400

Band    QSOs   Pts  QTCs Mults
80        67    67    75    20    3 el sloper array
40       114   113   110    35    2 el Yagi @ 26m
20       171   169   268    44    |Phased TH7s at
15        98    97   122    30    |10m and 23 m
10         0     0     0     0
-----   ----  ----  ----  ----
Total    450   446   575   129

Score: 339993
--------------------------------------

Claimed Score: 339993

Rig: FT-1000D/Alpha 77Dx/HAL P38

Power Output: 1500

Club Participation: FRC

Comments:
Had limited time this weekend, between prior commitments and trying
to limit the XYL's wrath so I can put in decent effort for CQWW CW in
2 weeks.

A great contest! Great to hear 15 m open to Europe. More than made
made up for the poor JA opening on 20.

Had my share of local problems - Friday night we had a wicked rain
and
thunderstorm, which made copy very difficult for a few hours. After
the rain abated, I was left with a power line noise problem that was
S-7
on 80m. Had a few WF1B problems. The QTC file got corrupted, and
wouldn't
tell me who previously got QTC. This somehow corrected itself on
Saturday.
Also, the logfile got corrupted and program crashed every time I
tried to
check my score with ALT-S. And worst of all, it crashed and wouldn't
execute a WRITELOG. Thanks to Ray for salvaging the log! I e-mailed
it to
him Sunday night, and had it back and fixed Tuesday night. I still
think
some QTC got lost along the way...

HK1LAQ was his usual, obnoxious (oblivious?) self. Answered my CQ on
both
40 and 15, and then decided the frequency was his. What is with this
guy?

--
Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet: w2up@voicenet.com
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com