K4MA SS SSB SOHP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: K4MA SS SSB SOHP
From: ki4hn@nando.net (Jim Stevens)
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 23:45:28 -0500
First test drive with the new call.  Shifting is still
a little rough.  Popped the clutch a few times, but it's
gonna be a keeper.

      Call: K4MA
      Mode: SSB       Category: Single Operator High Power

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS   SECTIONS

      160        0        0        -
       80      543     1086        -
       40      528     1056        -
       20      248      496        -
       15      104      208        -
       10        0        0        -
     -----------------------------------

     Totals   1423     2846       78

     Score:  221,988

     Club Affiliation: Potomac Valley Radio Club

 Operated at AA4NC (tnx Will) w/o full complement of
 antennas.  Several of us worked most of Saturday
 getting the 204BA & 402CD down and getting the
 bent mast out and down.  We finished getting
 things down about 2000Z.  I rushed home and
 cleaned up a little and rushed back.  Then we
 found the 15M rotor wouldn't turn and the beam
 was pointed East.  Decided to take an off time
 at the beginning. We got the 15M beam pointed West
 at least, and I started at 0030Z.  Sure missed
 the 204BA at 120 feet.  Its replacement was a
 Pro 67 at 70 feet.  Never felt loud on 20M
 like last year.  Oh well, at least I got
 the sweep.  Found VY1JA for my last mult on
 15M at 2212Z.  Jay was calling CQ with few takers,
 and he was loud! (Jay if you're reading this I
 sent NP3CC up there from 20M, but you were already
 gone)  Of course after working Jay, VE8EV called me
 on 20M.  Generally fun as usual.

73, Jim Stevens, K4MA (ex KI4HN)
email -- ki4hn@nando.net
WWW   -- http://www.webbuild.com/~ki4hn  -> vanity call info