DL4YAO SO AB HP cqwwdx cw 1996

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: DL4YAO SO AB HP cqwwdx cw 1996
From: christor@microsoft.com (Christoph Rheker)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 06:03:07 -0800
CQ WW DX CW 1996
DL4YAO
Single OP, all bands, high power

540 QSOs, 960 Points, 75 Zones, 209 Countries

=> Score = 272,640

      Q   Z   C
160  29   6  27
80  187  12  46
40  171  23  70
20  101  16  38
15   52  17  27
10    1   1   1

RIG: TS870, 500 Watts PA, Vertical for 80/160 (loaded on 160) and a
second
vertical for 10-40 meters.

My goal was to find some new countries on the low bands.

160m:
Could run only 100 Watts on 160.
I was able to catch my first ever DX on 160 (VE1 and UA9). Also worked
TK and OH0.

80m:
Some nice DX signals. It was nice to work A4, A7, JY. Good signals from
JA where
JA3ZOH and JH5ZJS were really loud. Heard KH0DQ and XZ1N but both were
covered by
EU QRM. Also heard 5V7A but he was running JAs. From the US, W3LPL was
the strongest,
he was at least one S-unit stronger than the others.

40m:
Nice band. Really great to work 5V7, XZ1, A61, 9M2 and others. JAs were
strong, but most US
stations were not, except the big-big guns. Stations from W4 were
stronger than the W1/W2s.

20/15/10m:
Searched for some interesting countries, 20 and 15 condx were average
with some Africans and
SE Asia. 10m was dead again.

73,
Christoph DL4YAO