K3PP ARRL SS Phone - SOLP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: K3PP ARRL SS Phone - SOLP
From: gdo@aloft.micro.lucent.com (Glenn D. O'Donnell)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 96 16:18:04 EST
                        ARRL SWEEPSTAKES -- 1996

      Call: K3PP (ex N3BDA)          Country:  USA (EPA Section)
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Single Operator Low Power

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS   SECTIONS
      160       15       30        -
       80      114      228        -
       40       27       54        -
       20      142      284        -
       15       90      180        -
       10        0        0        -
     -----------------------------------
     Totals    388      776       78

               Score:  60,528

Power Output: 100 watts     Hours of operation: 17.5

Equipment Description:
     Icom IC-736
          160m: 80m dipole @ 30 ft. thru antenna tuner
           80m: Open-sleeve Dipole @ 40 ft. (see Jul 95 QST - Super!)
           40m: Dipole @ 25 ft.
           20m: Force 12 EF-420 4-el monobander @ 68 ft.
           15m: Force 12 EF-415 4-el monobander @ 76 ft.
           10m: Force 12 EF-410 4-el monobander @ 84 ft. (big deal, HI!)

Soapbox:
    My first clean sweep!  Stumbled upon HI, AK, and Yukon and got them with
    relative ease.  I desperately looked for SF for the sweep and almost lost
    out.  I couldn't find them, so I let them find me.  Running on 20min the
    waning moments of the opening to CA, I bagged two SF QSOs! Close call!

    The open-sleeve 80m dipole from July 95 QST kicks butt!
    My check and labels are on their way for the pin and MUG!