WX3MAS summary

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: WX3MAS summary
From: george@epix.net (George C. Cook)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 22:41:50 -0500 (EST)
Some Quick observations

1 Trying to use a Hammurlund HQ 110a in a high volume contest type situation
is insane!
2 Using paper log sheets really slows down your rate.
3 Using a straight key REALLY REALLY slows down your rate
4 Outboard TR relays work best when they are not sticky.

We did gain a heck of an apreciation of what contesting must have been like
years ago.  I think it may have been a lot more
fun and no wonder some contests ran for 2 weeks straight!  I wish you could
have all been there.  We did abandon the old tube stuff
about an hour into it though to try and work some more people.  Ended up
with a ts430 with no CW filters but it was a little better.

Here is who we worked and a hearty thank you to you all:
W3FYK, K3ANS, K3WW, W3AU, N0SS, N1IRZ, W1HIJ/6, K0PP, N0AC, W6UM,
K0RX, W5HVV, KD6POC, W5JUQ, WA7BOD, W3LR, N9JF, N9IQV, K5KRN, WB5B,
NA2X, KB5UXA, KB9CEQ, K0ETY, N7KO, AE0M, K7NN, W6XI, KD6WW, NJ6D.

We are not sure exactly yet who wins the trophy gotta get out the map to be
fair but the
guys in California are the ones in the running.  (To bad our friends in
Europe didn't try might have
made things easier)

Many thanks to you all.  See you durring SKN and CRX  (this old radio stuff
kicks!)

QHH (Q Happy Holidays)

George
*George Cook.....AA3JU.....AKA "The Ratman" *
*george@epix.net.....AA3JU@W3PYF            *
*http://www.epix.net/~george                *
*Proudly Frankford Radio Club.........      *
*.......Proficiency Through Competiton.     *
*"Not just words but a way of life"         *