WA7BNM 10m LP CW

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: WA7BNM 10m LP CW
From: bhorn@netcom.com (Bruce Horn)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 23:31:15 -0800
              1996 ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: WA7BNM
Location: CA  (LAX)
Category: Single Op, Low Power, CW Only
Operating Time: 3.0 hours

             Q         C         S
CW         132         3        28
SSB          0         0         0
------------------------------------
           132         3        28    =   16,368

Comments:

Not much time for this contest. Didn't get on until Saturday evening for a
few minutes. Sporadic operation between cycling, eating and shopping on
Sunday.

Used ICOM 706 with SSB filter for first 95% of the contest. During the
opening between the West Coast and the East Coast on Sunday, the mini
pileup and band congestion got to the point that I finally went QRT and
installed the 250 Hz CW filter. What a difference! Went to lunch, and when
I returned all I heard were 6s. Oh well.

Using the 706 reminded me that there really is a difference between
transceivers like the 706 and transceivers like the FT-1000.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn@netcom.com)