Wo4o Claimed SO/LP/MIXED

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: Wo4o Claimed SO/LP/MIXED
From: Ric.Painter@12.collage.isdn.net (Ric Painter)
Date: 16 Dec 96 08:19:07 -0600
Wo4o CLAIMED SO/LP/MIXED ARRL 10 METER CONTEST 1996 SCORE

Op Callsign and Call used: Wo4o              Location: TN
Category: Extra                              Mode: MIXED
Hours of Operation: 19:26                    Power: 100W

band      QSOs     points    mults
----------------------------------
CW         223       900       41
SSB        275       550       45
----------------------------------
TOTAL      498      1450       86      SCORE: 124,700

Equipment Description: Kenwood TS-450S/AT barefoot to TA33.

QRM:  Never thought I'd be so happy to work only 18 countries
      on 10 Meters, until now!  Nearly tripled my '95 score,
      so the weekend wasn't a total loss insofar as there sure
      was plenty of time to nodd off with slow/no activity.  I
      thought my imagination was running wild when I heard a
      clock ticking, much like WWV, between 28.010 to 28.030,
      which I finally realized was generated by my computer (duh).
      Didn't need my 250-500 Hz filters for CW since the band
      never got very crowded.  QSB was hellacious at times when
      I'd experience the "now you hear 'em, now you don't"
      syndrome.  QRN was horrific at times, too, but I lied and
      reported 59/599 anyway.  It was good to hear many bone
      crushing signals from the West Coast early Sunday after-
      noon.  Hope I don't get DQ'd since working 2 Qs on 28.333
      in the designated No Contest Zone!  Won't make it a habit.
      Enjoyed 2 good runs with 112 Q hr on SSB & 84 Q hr on CW!

73 Wo4o Ric.painter@12.collage.isdn.net