WA8YRS SO/LP 10 MTR TEST

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: WA8YRS SO/LP 10 MTR TEST
From: drussell@knox.net (Donald Russell)
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 19:31:26 -0500 (EST)

     Call used: WA8YRS                                         Location: OH

     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: MIXED           Power: 100W

     Callsign of Operator: WA8YRS

     Exchanged Information: WA8YRS RST OH

     Hours of Operation: 11:38

     band      QSOs     points    mults
     CW         151       604       31
     SSB        124       248       22
     TOTAL      275       852       53      SCORE: 45,156

     Equipment:  Yaesu 757GXii at 100 watts
                 A3A at 50 ft.
                 JPS nir-12 dsp

     Should have put the 7 element monobander up for this contest
     but I settled on the A3A.  Don't know what kind of difference
     it would have made, but I imagine quite a bit.  Maybe next year.
     I think I missed a Saturday morning band opening due to my work
     schedule.  By the time I got home the band was mostly closed and
     stayed that way.  Sunday morning was a surprise.  In fact, sunday
     was an early x-mas present.  The band kept threatening to close
     until mid-afternoon when the west coast came booming in.  I quit
     to watch a football game at 2100Z and never got back on.  Lost
     lots of Q's there I'll bet!

     I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations for
     amateur radio  in my country.  My report  is correct and true to the
     best of my knowledge.  I agree  to be bound by  the decisions of the
     ARRL Awards Committee.

     Name: DONALD J. RUSSELL               Call: WA8YRS
           815 BROOKWOOD RD
           MT. VERNON, OH 43050