WA0I SO/LP 10m Mixed

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: WA0I SO/LP 10m Mixed
From: ebersr@rollanet.org (Randy Ebers WA0I)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 03:37:19 -0000
MODE    Q's   Pts   DX   US/VE   Mults

CW      262   1048   5    45     50
SSB      57    114   9    20     29
ALL     319   1162  14    65     79
Score         1162              x79  =  91,798

Kenwood 450 to Mosley TA33 at 60ft
at home station WA0I in Missouri

My first try at running in a contest instead of
just S&P. Thought it wasn't going to work out
until the nice opening to eastern US Sunday morning.
I am also pleased that when one hears a new mult
and can't get thru the pileup one can try running
and another station from that same mult will call. It
worked that way several times. Could not complete the
contact with several including mults of ZS, I, VK,
and Nebraska. Need a second antenna I guess...

Also my first try at computer logging but only used
it for logging. Sent the CW by paddles as anyone
who worked me knows!

Initially planned on using sloper off 100ft pt
on 330 ft tower at work (Radio op at Highway Patrol)
but it came down in the Thanksgiving ice storm.
There's also an 11m vertical up 150ft and thought
it would be interesting to switch back and forth.
If I could just figure how to shunt feed 330ft for 160...