W0ZQ - Stew Perry 160m Results

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: W0ZQ - Stew Perry 160m Results
From: jcplatt@mmm.com (jcplatt@mmm.com)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 11:22:22 -0600
CALL:           W0ZQ
CLASS:          Single Op, Low Power
SEC:            MN (EN34ju)
SCORE:          112 QSO's, 63 grids, 331 QSO points X 2 = 662 total points.
TIME:           About 2.5 hours.
STATION:        TS930 to an artistic version of an inverted "L"; vertical part
                is 50' gamma matched tower with top loading provided by 130'
                horizontal wire and various VHF/UHF beams.
COMMENTS:       Lots of fun.  Really like the grid square exchange; fast paced
                yet challenging exchange.....much better than 599 whatever.
                For scoring, used my old version of NA (everything I have is
                old) running in the VHF contest mode.  Loaded the ASCII text
                output into Excel and sorted on grids.  Then used Grid Tracker
                to compute distance from EN34; had only 63 unique grids to
                compute this way.  Then type actual distance back into the
Excel
                program, did the macro thing to compute the QSO points
                {INT(Km/500) + 1}, and resorted the list based on date and
time.
                Semiautomatic scoring!

Jon, W0ZQ.