Stewed (and pickled) in Indiana

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: Stewed (and pickled) in Indiana
From: mjc@lilly.com (Mel Crichton)
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 22:57:56 -0800
A last minute attack of flu cancelled my ski trip to Utah but also
provided opportunity to participate in the Stew test contest.
Unfortunately, the antihistamines and painkillers had more of a
detrimental effect, and I could operate only about five hours of the
contest. Being a CT user I have no idea of my final score (I'll let KM9P
wrestle with that), and having heard absolutely NO DX in the contest I
must assume that most QSO's from Indiana were low pointers:
154 QSO's in 87 grids, running 100 watts to a dipole at 40 feet with a
short bevvie for receive.
But I had fun!!! (that's what the other people who live with me in the
old hippies retirement home tell me... I don't remember much of
anything).
I think they've got a promising contest here.
73, Mel KJ9C