K6LA CW Sprint Results & Comments

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: K6LA CW Sprint Results & Comments
From: KWIDELITZ@delphi.com (KWIDELITZ@delphi.com)
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 1997 01:28:57 -0500 (EST)
                           1997 NCJ NORTH AMERICAN SPRINT

     Call used: K6LA                                           Location: CA
     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: CW              Power: 1500
     Callsign of Operator: K6LA
     Exchanged Information: K6LA nr KEN CA

     Hours of Operation: 03:56

     band      QSOs     points
      80         70         70
      40        132        132
      20        101        101

     TOTAL      303        303   X   44 multipliers  =  13,332

     Club or Team Name: SCCC#1

     Comments:

     Finally made the magic 300 mark. Makes me remember the 1991
     Sprint, which was the first contest I tried after getting back
     into ham radio contesting after a 15 year absence. After
     15 minutes and 4 QSOs I quit. Just couldn't figure it out.
     I also couldn't copy code at those speeds. I always thought
     if I could make 300 QSOs I could call myself a sprinter.

     I worked everything I heard except WY. Had KP3L call in for
     the only DX. Missed RI, VT, LA, MS, MT, NV, WY, NE, SD & VE1,2,3,5,8

     I got the feeling 80 didn't go long until late, as it was the only
     band I got beat out on consistantly.

73. Ken, K6LA - Ken Six Los Angeles, KWIDELITZ@DELPHI.COM
                ex-AB6FO