AB5LX Sprint CW

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: AB5LX Sprint CW
From: jegold@inu.net (J.E. Goldsberry)
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 1997 12:09:01 -0600
Call: AB5LX
Rig: Kenwood 850, Icom 735 (2nd radio)
Power: 100 Watts
Logging Program: TR 5.94
Exchange: # Jay TX
Antennas: 3 ele. on 20 @ 56'
          Dipoles for 40 and 80 @ 53'
Team: TDXS#2
Band            QSOs
-------------------------------------
20              51
40              75
80              52
-------------------------------------
               178 X 40 = 7,120 pts.

        This is a great contest!  My QSO totals seem to get better every
year.  This year it was up 32 from last year.  Also, I had 4 more
multipliers than last year.
        I think I spent too much time on 80 and/or 40 meters and not enough
on 20.  Last year, I spent too much time trying to dig out stations on 20
when I could have been on 80 and 40.  This year, it was just the opposite.
        The only multipliers that I heard and missed were VE2 and VE7.  I
heard a VE2 CQ'ing on 40 when everybody was on 80.  I went back to him and I
never heard him again.  As for VE7, I heard VE7NTT about 3 times, but it was
never his frequency.
        Thanks to TDXS#2 for letting me join their team.  I really had a lot
of fun.  I'll probably be a lot better in a few years...

73, Jason AB5LX

jegold@inu.net