WI9WI CW SPRINT LOW POWER

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: WI9WI CW SPRINT LOW POWER
From: JHFitzJr@aol.com (JHFitzJr@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 19:07:56 -0500 (EST)
Station: WI9WI
Operator: WI9WI
Location: Wisconsin

Score: 169  X  34  =  5746 Low power

Gear: IC-765, Off center fed dipole at 25 ft

Low power + Low antenna + Low ability  =  Low score

After the proverbial "long week at work" (TM), I decided not to make the 5
hour drive to the cabin on Sat AM for a 4 hour contest. I had to take all my
antennas down last year for a house remodeling project, and the only thing up
is the dipole. Started on 40, but not much activity. 20 was ok, but the
antenna doesn't play well. 40 and 80 were pretty good. 31 first hour, 55 last
hour on 80. A good time was had by all (my dogs lie under the operating
table.)

73

Jim
WI9WI