K2PS WPX RTTY

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: K2PS WPX RTTY
From: mxyztplk@waterw.com (Peter Stafford)
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 17:29:19 -0500
RTTY WPX Contest

Call used: K2PS
Location:  NJ

Entry Class: Single Op, All Band, Hign Power

Band    QSOs   Pts  Mults   Antennas
80       121   324      -   1/4 Wave Sloper, Inv Vee @50'
40       163   592      -   Inv Vee 45'
20       394   846      -   TH6DXX
15       175   447      -   TH6DXX
10         0     0      -   TH6DXX
-----   ----  ----  ----
Total    853  2209   308
Prefixes counted only once (not once per band)

Most frequently worked prefix: IK2 - 30 QSO's

Score: 680372
--------------------------------------

Claimed Score: 680,372

Icom 761
Alpha 76A(but Murphy got that one), SB-220
Power Output: 600

Club Participation: Frankford Radio Club

Time On:
0000-0615       6:15
1120-1839       7:20
1905-2324       4:20
0455-0544       0:50
1215-1658       4:45
1820-2054       2:35
2115-2400       2:45
Total ON:       28:50

Fun contest.  Started out slowly Friday night, but had a decent enough
run on 80, with 10 EU's (34 on 40M).  Called it quits 1 AM local and
picked it up Sat AM about 6:30.  The real good opening on 20 started for
me at about 7, and ran 'em pretty good until my Alpha quit.  Darn!  But,
as luck would have it, my old SB-220 was sitting there, dormant for at
least two years.  Fired 'er up and it ran like a champ (did start
smoking Sunday afternoon - I forgot that I can't drive it quite as
hard).  Switched to 15 about 9:30 and EU was real strong - about
40-45/hour.  Kept checking 10 but never did hear anyone.  Started to get
excited about my score until I heard K3MM give me 667 to my 502.  Good
going, Tyler!  Had to go to some Comedy Club with the XYL, so quit at
6:30 (but the guy was reeeally funny - and, as usual, I can't remember
ANY of the jokes, sorry) so it made me forget those double point value
Q's for a while.  Sunday morning I woke a little bit after EU opened up,
but the runs on 20 and 15 were much like those on Saturday.  Called by
J28JY followed immediately by A45ZX - fun, but not worth as much as in
other tests (coulda' been two double mults).  Also nice answers from
ET3SID, ZS9C, FY5ET, VK6GOM.  Finally got some JA prefixes in the last
half-hour on 20 - 9 JA Q's, 7 prefixes.

Pete Stafford
94 Tallowood Drive
Medford, NJ 08055