KM0L ARRL DX CW score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: KM0L ARRL DX CW score
From: km0l@unix.tfs.net (Stephen C Lufcy)
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 19:25:48 -0600 (CST)
Call: KM0L
State: MO
Cata: Single op, High power, All band, assisted

exchange: 599 MO

band    q's    pts     countries      ant
160       9     27       7         inv L
 80      38    114      27         inv V 60'
 40     132    396      56         rotatable dipole 65'
 20     297    891      69         A4 at 65'
 15      64    192      35         "
 10       7    21        5         "
total   547    1641    199     =>    326,559 claimed score

rig:  TS-940s - TL-922A (kw)

soap: Rig finally got back from Kenwood Friday afternoon- was gone almost
10 weeks. When I went to pick it up at local dealer, they had a used
TL-922A linear on the shelf, so I picked it up too. Now have a nice
pretty Kenwood station. By the time I got it all home and set up the
contest was well underway. I had not planned on a big effort anyway- but
with new toys I had to play as much as I could. Ended up getting about 17
hours in, after going to work on Saturday.
Missed good Sat AM activety, but got time in on Sat. evening and most of
day Sunday. Sun AM was gud fun with rate meter reaching 120/hr on 20
meters. Except for Sun AM the rest was mostly S & P and looking fer mults.
Must admit packett doesn't help much- if a new mult gets spotted the
pile-up is too large to bust. Packett was gud only to tell what band was
open. Also, what the Europeans were working on 6 es 2 meters didn't
really interest me much.
Anyway, had fun playing with new toys and seeing what my little pistol
station could do. Will see you all in the next one.
73 de KM0L Steve in KC