W4WA ARRL DX CW M/2

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: W4WA ARRL DX CW M/2
From: AB4RU@stc.net (Ron Hooper)
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 13:54:48 +0000
W4WA M/2 CW Score.

Operators: W4WA, AA4GA, KB4GID, NX9O, AA4S
Catagory: Multi/2
Section: Georgia
Club: SEDXC

Band    Qso's      Mult
160     88        47
80      392       76
40      634       94
20     1024       96
15      460       82
10       23       13
-------------------------
       2621      408     score= 3,208,104

Comments:
  Friday night condx was down with weaker than normal signals on the low
bands. Heavy rain moving through the area caused some static but wasnt
as bad as some previous contest. After having poor rates on Friday night
our wait was rewarded with good runs on 20 and 15 Saturday morning. The
stackes on 15 really paid dividends putting nearly 400 qso's in the log.
Saturday night low band operation was much improved but rates were still
slow. Sunday morning we had planned to log another 300 qso's on 15 but
the band had little to offer. Signals were coming in from Europe, from
several directions causing the traditional weard tone on cw. Working OH
and many other stations from the south reminded me of the days on 10
meters a couple of years back. We all had a good time and looking
forward to next year with the hope of better 10 meter openings.
Ron W4WA