WA6CTA ARRL DX CW - S/O A/B HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: WA6CTA ARRL DX CW - S/O A/B HP
From: EJSDXR@aol.com (EJSDXR@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 15:39:48 -0500 (EST)
          Call:  WA6CTA                             Country: USA
          Mode: CW                                     Category: SO  HP
          Hours:  11

  Band          QSO          PTS         COUNTRIES
   160             0              0                    0
     80             6            18                    5
     40           70          210                  38
     20         180          540                  69
     15           50          150                  31
     10           14            42                    8
---------------------------------------
Totals        320          960                 151   =  144,960

Equip:  Ten Tec OMNI VI, Alpha 89, Force 12 6el
           phased verticals

I didn't have the time to put in a "full" effort. Always
amazed at the confluence of family obligations and
DX contests!
Had just received the amp back from Alpha (and had to fix
it after a problem in their packing of the amp for the
return trip - a story in and of itself!), and was ready to
"smoke test" it. Found out that the 100+ MPH winds that
flow through here in the winter storms had done some
damage to the rotor, and it finally quit (would only turn
about 1/2 of the way). After spending most of Friday
afternoon with the rotator, I found my interest level
not up to par. However, the time that I had to put in
turned out to be a lot of fun. From this location (850'
above SF Bay), it was quite easy to break pileups at will.
This perked my interest level up.  Conditions on Sunday
were great from here; lots of EU and Africans.  Small
opening on 10M; 15 was good, but seemed to get worked
out rather quickly. All in all, lots of fun...wish I had more
time (I usually post a note on the refrigerator about 6
weeks ahead of time blocking out the contest weekends,
but forgot this year, and paid the price!). Thanks for all
the Q's.

Club: NCCC