W4PA - ARRL CW 40M Single Band

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: W4PA - ARRL CW 40M Single Band
From: sales@tentec.com (Ten-Tec Inc.)
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 15:50:00 Eastern Standard Time
W4PA (at K4FW)
40m single band

783 QSO x 103 mults = 238,851 claimed score

operating time: 33 hours

club: Tennessee Contest Group

Equipment:
The prototype of the brand-spanking-new
Ten-Tec 564 Omni-VI Plus transceiver
Ten-Tec Titan
3 el yagi at 75 feet.

Comments:
I haven't read any 3830 comments yet, but was it just me that thought
conditions were lousy?  I could only get in a few solid hours of
European runs over the course of both days.  Everyone (U.S.)was very
loud and it was really hard to find a clear frequency during the peak
times.  I had an enjoyable time, the most enjoyable was hearing a YB
call me 4 hours after sunrise.  Wow !  Maybe it wasn't as lousy as I
thought?  I was hearing the top JA stations for hours after sun-up.

I usually go 20m single band, but decided to go 40m for a change of
flavors.  I now understand how W1 has a big advantage in this contest!
Running Europe at 2:30 in the afternoon with no QRM at all from the
rest of us!  I'm going to get a new license plate for my car: 0 2 B A 1
K1KI you're LOUD - I mean **LOUD**, sports fans.

The Omni-VI Plus sounded terrific.  You really should have one.

See you next time, folks!

Scott Robbins, W4PA