K2SG ARRL/CW SOLP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: K2SG ARRL/CW SOLP
From: K2SG@prodigy.net (K2SG)
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 15:52:00 -0500
K2SG - Single Op Low Power

160:    45   30   - Inv Vee @70'
 80:   145   52   - Raised Vertical w/2 radials 15' off gnd (new this yr)
 40:   408   73   - 3el KLM
 20:   738   71   - 204BA @ 85' - 203BA @ 78'
 15:   153   52   - 155BA @ 95' - 153BA @ 70'
 10:      6     3   - 105BA @ 65'
---------------------------
Totals: 1495  x 281 = 1,260,285

After several years of trying to shunt feed my towers and various other
efforts to improve my 80m antenna situation I finally found something that
is constantly better than my Inv Vee. The new 80m vertical is a 1/8 wave
with some top loading and mounted on top of a 15' 4x4.  Having only a 60 by
280 lot, two 1/4 wave raised radials is about all I can squeeze in.  Not a
4 square or 2el yagi, but this raised vertical plays far better than
anything I have ever had up in my modest lot.

On Saturday I made the mistake of not spending enough time on 15 meters
thinking that it would be better on Sunday, wishful thinking I guess!   It
was easy to run on both 20 and 40 all weekend and the low bands seemed to
be in great shape. 10 meters was definately a disappointment!

           .....Tony K2SG