[3830] n1rjf so/lp cq 160 ssb

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] n1rjf so/lp cq 160 ssb
From: matwood@sover.net (Matt Atwood)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 19:06:26 -0500 (EST)
QSO:            QSO Points      States          DXCC            Total
56              121             18              0               2,178

Equipment: Kenwood TS 140-S at 100 watts, 160 Meter dipole at 20 feet (E/W)

Soapbox:
Thanks to those who worked my meager signal.  Sorry I could not be on longer
as I know VT was a hard one to get but I needed to work (it was the weekend
of the CQ 160 or the ARRL DX SSB, CQ 160 won)so sleep was paramount at
night.  My antenna is very low which accounts for the crappy signal, so I
went out and raised it ten feet after the contest (go figure!).  My first
160 SSB contest and am looking forward to the next with better ammunition
for my little pistol (maybe next time I can use soapy water in it HI HI.

See you all in the ARRL DX SSB

Matt, N1RJF
South Royalton, VT