[3830] ARRL DX CW 97 (score and breakdown)

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL DX CW 97 (score and breakdown)
From: ik0hbn@isa.it (Sante ( IK0HBN ))
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 23:34:18 +0100
                 ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1997

      Call: IK0HBN                   Country: Italy
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Op.  High power Assisted

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS    STATES/PROV

      160        1        3           1
       80      162      486          38
       40      351     1053          42
       20      559     1677          53
       15      103      309          26
       10        0        0           0
     -----------------------------------

     Totals   1176     3528         160  =   564,480

TIME ON = 16 HOURS

BREAKDOWN QSO/mults  IK0HBN  ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST

HOUR      160      80       40       20       15       10    HR TOT  CUM TOT

TOT       1/1    162/38   351/42   559/53   103/26      .        .   1176/160

Equipment Description:

Icom 765
Pa: Alpha 87a
10-15-20  : Force 12 C3XL
40        : 2 el. phased arrays
80-160    : Gap Voyager IV
RX        : 3 Beverage's (600 ft. each )
CT 9.27
Packet Cluster network

Comment:
Good rates on first night, the surprise came on Saturday afternoon,
when I discovered the shack floor with 2 inches of water, due to the heavy
rain of the morning...(then I was sleeping..hi). Ten hours of heavy work
pumping away the water and drying the floor. So only 16 hours of radio in the
entirely weekend...sigh.
Only one station worked on 160 (K1ZM) : did my Gap become a tall dummy load?
Called Tim, K3LR for a quarter without success, he was 559 at my Beverage!
BTW a lot of fun enjoying pile-up on Sunday evening on 40: my 2 phased vertical
do really their job. See you next year.

Ps. 900 labels have been printed and cards are just on the way of bureau:
I really hope to increase my US counties score, so your qsl's will be very
appreciated here!

Club Affiliation:

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               Sante Lillo  IK0HBN
               Localita' Saineta, 3
               Bassano in Teverina (VT), I 01030

Sante LILLO  (IK0HBN)
Localita' Saineta, 3
01030 Bassano in Teverina (VT) Italy
home telephone: +39 (0) 761-407543  (FAX on request)
E-mail: ik0hbn@isa.it
packet adr: IK0HBN@I0INU.IUMB.ITA.EU
DX cluster : IK0HBN > I0JBL-6