[3830] New 2 Meter Sprint Records/Results from K3MM!

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] New 2 Meter Sprint Records/Results from K3MM!
From: tgstewart@pepco.com (tgstewart@pepco.com)
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 15:50:42 -0400
K3MM (ex-KF3P)

1997 ARRL 2m Sprint
Single Op Fixed High Power

QSO's       Grids           Score

303      52       15,756

Location: FM19hx, K3MQH South Mountain Contest Team site.

Station:  SSB/CW - Rig: FT1000MP > DownEast Microwave 2 meter Xvtr > Mirage
brick amp > Lunar Link 2x 3CX800 amplifier
                Antennas: 2x 13B2 yagis at 70', 2 el Big Wheel
      FM           - Rig: TM241 > TE brick > Diamond X510 stick at 80' or
Henry 2002A > K3MM "TR Killer" Yagi at 40'
     Other        - 686 computer running NA 10.13 software with DVP voice
keyer on SSB

Comments:

Finally broke the old WB2NPE records for this one!  This time I was totally
prepared going in for an all out assault on the record, with full
implementation of SSB and FM using 2-radio, single-op techniques.  Other
than a little line noise, I had absolutely no problems with the station.  I
knew it was going to be good when I broke 100 QSO's in the first hour!
Publishing my activity schedule may have helped out a bit, although I noted
no major enhancements and very few minor ones.  Thanks to everyone who
helped make it happen with a QSO, and especially Dick K3MQH for his
continued site support.

GO PVRC and SMCT!

Onward and Upward!

73, Tyler K3MM (ex-KF3P)