[3830] W9WI WPX 1997 CW

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W9WI WPX 1997 CW
From: desmith@Telalink.Net (Doug Smith)
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 22:15:37 -0500 (CDT)
Wasn't really ready for this one -- <excuses go here> -- but had a great
time anyway.  This is the most Q's I've ever made in one contest from my own
station, and the first time I've ever broken 1million points from my own
station.

Category:       Single-op, high power, 20m monoband
Station:        TS-940, 600 watts, Force 12 C3 at 65'/20m, TRLog software,
Kent paddle
                (don't blame R.A. Kent for my disjointed CW, it's all my fault!)
Score:          1333 QSOs, 77 of them dupes, 549 prefixes, total 1,423,557.
                (total is after removing dupes)
Time:           approximately 30 hours 30 minutes <see excuses>

I see all the WEIRD vanity calls made their presence known!

73 Doug

Douglas E. Smith  W9WI/4                desmith@Telalink.net.xxx
1385 Old Clarksville Pike               (preferred for long files)
Pleasant View, TN  37146-8098 USA              -or-
(615) 746-5205                          72777.3143@compuserve.com.xxx
                                        (preferred for time-critical info)
(.xxx added to end of email address to hopefully foil spammers)